Enjoying a concert has never been easier! Once you are a subscriber or single ticket buyer, the hard part is over! Simply click the link sent to your preferred e-mail, sit back, and enjoy your WSO.
(Once you click on the link in your e-mail, your computer, tablet, or phone will automatically redirect you to a private YouTube channel to enjoy the evening’s concert. The following options and steps below are not required to view the concert, but may enhance your experience)
CAN I ENJOY THE CONCERT ON MY TELEVISION?
Quite possibly! We will outline some ways you can view the concert on the big screen.
Option 1: HDMI Cord: If you have an older TV (probably 2015 or older) your TV may not be considered a newer “Smart TV.” This means that your television is not internet compatible (I.E. you do not have it connected to the wireless internet in your home or it is not hardwired to your modem. This is different than your traditional co-ax cable [that you must screw tight onto your TV’s connection] coming into your home from the cable company.) Simply follow these steps to enjoy the concert on your TV.
- Ensure that your laptop or desktop computer has an HDMI connection port.
- Purchase an HDMI Cable from your favorite retailer. We suggest shopping locally, but almost all big-box stores carry these cables and they are usually $10 or less.
- Simply plug in the HDMI cable from your computer to the HDMI Port on the TV. It may be on the side of the TV or on the back of it.
- From your TV remote, locate the input or menu button. If you have an input button select HDMI (Many TVs have more than one HDMI port so you may have to shuffle between them to find the correct one). Or from the menu, select input and repeat the same process, if you do not have an input button.
- On your laptop press the windows and the “p” key at the same time. Select duplicate from the options presented. You should now see your computer screen on your TV. (May not apply to mac computer users)
Option 2: “Smart TV”: If you purchased a TV in the past few years, more than likely you purchased a “Smart TV.” This means that your television is internet ready and needed to be connected to the internet via your home wireless network or hardwired via an ethernet cord to your modem. In this case you most likely can access different apps. Simply follow these steps to enjoy the concert on your TV.
- Power on your TV and access your “apps” already on the TV. Sometimes this is achieved by selecting a special button on your remote. For instance, if you have a Vizio brand Smart TV to access their apps, you must select the “v” button in the middle of the remote. For Comcast customers, you can select “Xfinity” in the center of the remote
- Ensure that the YouTube app is installed. If it is not, look for the search bar, sometimes signified by a magnifying glass, and enter in YouTube. Once you search, please download the app to your TV. We recommend that you setup a YouTube account. They will ask for the normal questions and to set up a password.
- As described earlier in this guide you will receive an e-mail from the office a day or two before the concert. Go to YouTube.com and log into your account. Then go back to your e-mail and click the link, which will direct you to the YouTube stream. It will be counting down to the start of the stream. Just below the picture click the “thumbs up” button. This means that you have liked the video.
- On your TV, in the YouTube App, navigate to your profile and you will see your liked videos. The concert stream will be one of them. Simply select that video, sit back, and enjoy.
Option 3: Roku or Amazon Fire Sticks: If your TV is not a smart TV, by connecting a device like a Roku or Amazon Fire Stick you will be able to view internet and streaming programming. These devices are available at most electronic stores and on-line. They are relatively inexpensive and can be found for under $40.00. Simply follow these steps to enjoy the concert on your TV.
- Unpack the box and set up the device according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Follow the Option 2 steps, beginning with #2.
Option 4: Streaming from your Phone or Tablet: Many (if not all) smartphones and most tablets have the capability of streaming to your TV. These are general steps to broadcast to the TV. Simply follow these steps to enjoy the concert on your TV.
- On your smart phone (iPhone or Android) or tablet, access the e-mail sent to you by the WSO. Click on the link contained in the e-mail. You will be redirected to YouTube.
- Once there hit play on the video (or you can test it out with any other video, as well).
- While the video is playing, if you tap the screen you will see icons appear on top of the video. On the top left of where the video is playing you will see some different characters. Select the one that looks like a rectangle with three wavy bars on the bottom left. That will then open a new menu.
- Select your smart TV from the list and you should be good to go.
We are Here to Help! Please contact the office at (724) 837-1850 or via e-mail to [email protected] if you need further assistance. Our Tech Task Force will be available to answer questions the night of the concert.